
Today we went to Shamian Island (where we stayed on our last adoption trip) to do some shopping. We only had two hours there, so we rushed around to a few of our favorite shops from last time and visited with some old friends that we had made. It was kinda like going home for us. The island is such a sweet place where everyone is friendly to adoptive parents. We bought a Chinese outfit for Hope and ran into the White Swan Hotel and borrowed their couch for a few pictures. We wanted her to have "red couch" pictures just like LeeLee did.

After I finished snapping her picture in the Chinese dress, she quickly changed her clothes back for a family picture.

Tonight we went on a Pearl River Dinner Cruise. I can't say much for the food, but the scenery was great. Hope enjoyed herself. She was a little unsure of being on the top of the boat outside, but she eventually relaxed and we saw her famous smile.

When we got her, the orphanage sent back the photo album that I had sent to her. Tucked behind one of the pictures was a note with phone numbers. I took the note down to our guide and she translated it for me. We speculated who we thought the note writer might be, then our guide decided to call and find out. Turns out is was one of her two favorite nannies. We told her that Hope was doing great. She was so excited to know that we had found her note. When I got back to my room we let Hope call the nanny for herself. She was so excited. She kept trying to show her all of her stuff through the phone. The nanny then put her best friend on the phone and Hope's excitement level rose. She was so excited to tell them about all the things she has been doing. She wasn't upset at all after we hung up the phone. She seemed quite content.

Back to the cruise......After dinner they had a clown that had a pretty impressive juggling act and ball tricks. Hope captured her attention and she let her come up and be part of the performance. She loved it. She loves being in the spotlight. I hope that Hope and LeeLee learn how to share it! They have very different personalities, so I am praying they get along!
4 comments:
I have loved being able to follow your journey to your BEAUTIFUL girl! She just looks so sweet! I LOVE her smile! How wonderful that her nannies loved her so much, reading that brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your last few days in China!
We just made it home this past Sunday from bringing our son Keaton home! Praying for safe travels as you prepare to bring your lovely daughter home soon! We have enjoyed following along your journey! See our blog also:
http://ourjourneytokeaton.blogspot.com
Christy, Kevin and Keaton
Oh Jenna! What a wonderful gift to have those phone numbers!! I am thrilled for you guys!!
Can't wait to meet Miss Hope. The girls demand that we check the blog several times a day. I keep trying to explain to them that you usually only post once. They don't get it. They think it should be a live stream of what you guys are doing. Needless to say, they miss you guys!
How wonderful that everything is going so well! I am so glad you were able to receive the nanny's #. What a blessing!
Praying for your family.
Post a Comment