
Even though Hunter is all boy and dreamed of having a brother, he is quite happy with his new little sis. After I had been praying for Hope for awhile, I asked the kids to pray that a family would come forward to adopt Hope. After about a week, there prayers changed from asking the Lord to provide a family, to praying that WE were that family. Hunter came to me one afternoon in November and he said, "Mom, if we would just adopt Hope, I would be okay with never having a brother." You have to love the heart of this boy. He saw a little girl in need, and he was willing to give up his own dreams to make hers come true. I prayed while we were waiting that she would be willing to play with him, and that he wouldn't be left out just because he was the only boy.

As you can see, she adores him. She sees him and yells "Hunter" with the cutest little accent. She then runs into his arms. She even loves him enough to be tied up to one of his contraptions. This gives a whole new meaning to ball and chain.

As I said before, our prayers were answered. She is no longer afraid of the dogs. In fact, I think she is even starting to love them.
4 comments:
so cute!
There is Rags...coolest dog ever...how could anyone ever be scared of that teddy bear...she just doesn't know yet that he would be willing to fly for her. I am visiting you guys this week, so don't lock the door.
Love...Amy
Love it!! Keaton loves our dogs , but they are struggling to like him! Our neighbors dog loves and kisses all over him to make up !
Course - I only have two at the moment, but I can't imagine them not being best friends. They are so loving to each other.. he thinks of her.. she thinks of him. Warms my heart and I so know we did the right thing when everyone thought we were crazy for doing an out of birth order, older boy adoption.. LOL Just goes to show you!
Missy
Post a Comment