Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Shiloh!

div>
We have had a birthday party marathon. In the last 8 days we have been to 7 birthday parties. My kids love parties, and by now, Hope understands the whole concept of picking out a gift and giving it away. While all the birthdays were super fun, one was super special for us. It was Hong Mei's birthday. Some of you may remember from our airport experience that Hope is very fond of Hong Mei, who is now named Shiloh. I didn't tell her about the party until three days before because we were shopping for birthday gifts. Once she knew we were going to see Hong Mei, she drove us crazy. Every time we put shoes on, she would shout "Go see Hong Mei." Each time she was disappointed that it wasn't time. On Saturday, she was ready to go. After a short 90 minute drive, we were there. She finally got to see Hong Mei and be a part of her birthday celebration. It brought tears to my eyes to see Hope's overwhelming excitement to see her friend. She held her by the hand and carried her around just like she did on the other side of the world. What a blessing to have two sweet girls from the same orphanage be able to share their lives with one another on this side of the world.
We were also blessed to be able to see Emma Lael. She was part of our travel group to China. She is also an Inner Mongolian girl! She lives in the same town as Hong Mei and their moms have a connection too. I put them in touch with each other when I found out they lived in the same city, then come to find out they used to work with each other at the hospital. So, now Emma Lael and Shiloh will grow up knowing each other and be able to share their Inner Mongolian connections.

4 comments:

Beach Mama said...

Precious!

Sarah Brewer said...

Loved the video!!

Ashley said...

Hope, sweet girl, you impress me more and more the longer I get to be your friend. What a beautiful song you sang! I am so happy you got to see your friends!

Tricia Thompson said...

That is just precious! I love it hear Hope sing and to see her beautiful smile at the end. I know you guys had a great time!