
Years ago, my parents found a cut your own Christmas tree farm in Russell County. It was one of those great down home experiences. They put you on a hay wagon and ride you out to the tree fields where you search for the perfect tree. Then, you saw it down yourself, tag it, then wait for the wagon to come by and pick it up. About the time the hay wagon gets you back to the front of the farm, your tree is being shaken and ready for loading. For several years now, the family that runs the farm has been saying it is their last year. We were hoping that would never be the case, but as you can see, our tree was the lone tree left in a large field. It was what you would call a reject tree. It was browning in a few spots, and it had a messed up trunk. But having the hearts we have, we saw it's beauty and didn't want it to go all its life without ever being a Christmas tree.

I was so sad to leave the tree farm. It felt like a part of us, our life, our history was being left behind. Part of me was sad that we had come, because I would love to have my last memories be of the fields of trees and trying to find the perfect one. But then the other part of me is glad that Hope got to experience it so when the other kids say "remember when." she will actually have that memory to share with them.

I think Hope is a little confused as to why we currently have a tree in our living room. Once the lights were on and plugged up, she looked at it and said, "Oh, so pretty!" She enjoyed decorating it too. I can't wait until Hope really understands what Christmas is all about.

I look forward to the rest of this Christmas season. I love the excitement around the birth of our Savior.
2 comments:
Jenna, I love all the updates - Either you put them all up one day or I have neglected your blog lately! LOL Happy birthday to both you and Noelle! Loved the American Girl story - it is great to still be able to surprise a 10 year old. Love the tree too. So glad you were able to cheer on our Auburn tigers at the SEC Championship. I was able to go but we are going to Glendale. So excited. Hope you have a great Christmas celebrating Jesus' birthday. Love yall.
Hi! I've been catching up,too! Sounds like you have had a great month! Love the tree!
Post a Comment