Friday, June 24, 2011

Three New Friends

This is my backyard. Yep, I live in the city.  Right in the middle of the city.  Smack dab in the heart of the city. But, I am a farm girl at heart.  Every fiber of my being is a country girl.  I think I was born that way.  Growing up, my dream was always to live on a farm.  My parent's finally gave into my dream (and my dad's too) and we moved out into the county where I could have my horses, dogs, cats, rabbits, and so much more.  I left for college, and the country girl never left me.  So, here I am a country girl in the city.  I have also given birth to a country boy, who of course lives with me in the city.  He loves farm animals, and begs for them when we visit our friends farms.  So, I guess it shouldn't be any surprise that one of our country friends thought it would be a good idea for Hunter to raise some ducks.  They brought him three.  I should have taken pictures when they were babies, because they were so precious.  Now they are three big ducks.
What is neat about the three ducks is that all my neighbors love the ducks.  I thought that they were going to kill me once they had outgrown their storage bin and needed to more outside.  They quack....ALL THE TIME.  Yet my neighbors think they are great.  They will soon be flying, so they will go and live with a friend of ours on a 20 acre pond, but for now, I am enjoying my country pets in the city.  I am also enjoying the fact that my neighbors are all country folks at heart.

1 comment:

Nightingale said...

Haha, I was wondering if your "ornamental ducks" had made it out to the W. farm yet. LOL!