One of the first of the bus was our precious Diana. She is nine years old, and has Downs Syndrome. She is more along the lines of a three year old. The best word I can use to describe her is SPITFIRE!! She has personality plus. The minute you tell her no, she sticks out her tongue. I believe that she and I will be butting heads this week, but I am so in love with her already.
Then there is this precious girl. Her name is Zhu Zhu, and she is thirteen years old. She has the sweetest personality, and has bonded instantly with Noelle. They have had fun today playing and getting to know each other. It is amazing how language barriers fade away for children. Zhu Zhu is the big helper for all the kids at camp. She knows how to take care of all of them. She is the only camper that is here who doesn't have a special need. I have fallen in love with her, how could you not. For those of you in the adoption world, you will understand that the moment she looked at me and said she was thirteen, I teared up. I knew that it was only a matter of time before the dream of a family would be closed for her. So, friends, this precious girl has until March to find a family, and yes, she is available. If anyone wants more information, please contact me.
We jumped right in doing activities with the kids. We made these cute masks that Diana decided to wear upside down.We did some fun face painting, and both Noelle and I were brave enough to let Diana paint our faces. I decided that she may be a Picasso in training.
Here is the outcome of our face painting extravaganza.
We also had water gun fights. I lost. While we are talking about losing, I also lost at Duck, Duck, Goose. I lost on purpose because I had the cutest little guy chasing me with cerebral palsy, and I wanted to let him catch me. So, I graciously went to the stink pot. However, at the end of the game, I learned that because I was in the stink pot, that I had to sing a duet, with the only other person in the stink pot. So, everyone was well entertained. It has been a long day. This is the latest we have been awake since arriving in China, so I am ready to turn in.
Please pray for the translators. I will explain more about them tomorrow, but please pray for them. Pray for our week here, and that we would be able to keep up our energy to chase after sweet Diana. Pray for my precious Zhu Zhu, that we can bring her a hope that she doesn't know. Also, please begin praying that God would move mountains for her to be able to find a family. Pray for the safety of our camp, and that God would continue to allow us to be his hands and feet here to accomplish a mighty purpose.
3 comments:
keep the updates coming...I WISH i were in china with you and noelle....i left a huge part of my heart in china...i know you understand that
Jenna,
I'm so excited that you and Noelle made it safely and are having a great time. I am praying for you both this week along with the campers for God to show His mighty hand. I will also be praying for Zhu Zhu to find a family. God can work miracles!
Please send me Zhu Zhu's info . I am a member of a great waiting child yahoo group and would love to advocate for her!
We are going to be adopting an older girl soon but will not begin till October . I do not know if that would be enough time to get it all done! Send me the info and let me try to help this beautiful girl find her family!Tell me anythingsweet and great about her personality and I will write something about this sweet girl!
She is beautiful!
Nicole
nmsettle@yahoo.com
Post a Comment