Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I called my mom around the beginning of September and let her know that I really wanted to go to the beach for Thanksgiving.  I normally host Thanksgiving at my house, so I thought she and I should discuss it before I set me plans.  We love the beach in the fall, and with the struggles that two of my kids have in school, I just really wanted to get away.  I love the Cape because I can load up the entire family, pets and all and head out and truly relax, because well, there is nothing else to do.  Mom said she had been thinking about the same thing, and would love to go with us.  She then called my brother who said he would also like to join us, so I was excited.  I would have my whole family under one roof for Thanksgiving.
We were able to catch a few family pictures with all of us together.  It was great to be able to spend time with my niece and nephew.  I'm sure they don't really know who I am, so it was nice to be able to spend time with them.  Getting to know them was a real joy for me too.  I hate that we don't see each other more.
Hunter loves the beach.  He is always up to something.  He had fun in the bay finding all kinds of interesting critters.  He even brought home a shell with a crab still in that about scared me to death.  He and Paul left the beach early so they could get back for the Auburn vs. Alabama game.  
And these two, look at the tans they got in the middle of November.  It is crazy how dark they get so quick.


No comments: