Friday, January 13, 2012

Eggciting News Again 13/365

I know from this picture, it may be hard to tell the difference, but this is another special egg.  Hunter's chicken, whom he calls Easter, laid her first egg.  Noelle and I call this particular chicken Sketchy, because she is the oddest of the chickens we brought home.  She has flown away twice, our whole neighborhood searched for her the first time.  Finally at 9 at night a neighbor knocked on the door to let us know their had been a chicken siting.  Sure enough, he had found Easter who then quickly flew into the creek.  So, there I was in the dark trying to find a chicken in the creek.  I finally caught that bird, and by the time I did, I was literally ready to wring her neck.  The next time she flew away, I was about to give up when I remembered that I have gotten quite good at casting the casting net.  So I made one accurate throw, and she was caught.  So, I don't have many warm fuzzy feelings towards this bird.  We have joked that if she didn't start laying, she would be on the dinner table soon.  So, good thing for Easter, aka Sketchy, she has now joined Marigold in being an egg producer.  Hunter is a proud father, as he should be.

1 comment:

*Todd, Kim and Tyler* said...

love it... never a dull moment in your house! I can just imagine you running around looking for the darn chicken... LOL