Thursday, March 01, 2012

A Baby 61/365

Before I begin this story, I guess I should explain something...I am not insane.  I have examined myself thoroughly and I have found that I am indeed sane and of a sound mind.  I have also over the years just realized that I closely resemble one of my ancient ancestors.  He is quite famous, so I have been able to read quite a bit about him. You see, people thought he was insane too, because he did what God told him to do.  It was out of the ordinary, and before long the whole town thought he was crazy, but he carried on about his business doing what he knew was right.  His name was Noah, and if you are reading this, than he is your ancestor too.  Because he built that gigantic ark and cared for all those animals, he preserved not only mankind, but the animal kingdom also.  I would like to think I would have done the same thing.  So, no, I am not insane, I'm just closely related to that ancient grandpa of mine!

So, it is not a big surprise that when my friend called today and told me about this sweet baby mouse, that I took it to care for it.  A high school boy was keeping it in his locker at school and he was trying to take care of it, but having a hard time, so it ended up changing hands a few times to get to my friend.  She would keep it, she is a good friend so we are similar, but she is taking a class on a field trip tomorrow all day, so feeding the little fellow wouldn't be easy. Hopefully we can successfully keep our new little friend alive.  He is currently on the kitchen counter in a gigantic fish tank with a heating pad and a towel.  Shhh!  Don't tell Paul, he may not even notice, and while you are at it don't mention the hamster that showed up at our house on Monday either :)

1 comment:

andrea said...

i LOVE your heart for animals :)

we raised a baby vole one time...your NOT crazy just a loving person.