Friday, April 13, 2012

My Sweet Willa 104/365

Okay, so she is not my sweet Willa, but I love her like she is mine.  She is my god dog and I get to baby sit her when her family goes out of town.  Luckily for me, they left today so I get some Willa time.

You see, Willa is kinda my fault.  Through the wonders of facebook, I was able to match Willa with her forever home.  I had played with Willa at the the shelter, and I had fallen in love.  She has the look that I love, and I really wanted to bring her home.  However, we had just adopted Pippa and we were quickly learning that she didn't like other dogs.  So leaving Willa at the shelter that day killed me.  I couldn't stop thinking about her when a friend posted this on facebook.....What kind of small breed dog would you recommend?  All kinds of people started listing all sorts of pure breeds, so I just posted...What about a sweet little shelter dog?  She messaged me back privately explaining that she wasn't against shelter dogs, but that she just didn't think she could go there.  So I sent her a picture of Willa and said...This happens to be the dog that I was thinking about for you.  Well, that is all it took.  I heard from her at least ten times before the shelter opened the next day.  She wanted Willa.  I was so happy, because even though I wouldn't be able to have her, she would be where I could visit.  I am so blessed that Willa also comes to visit me.  Isn't she the cutest?

No comments: