When Hunter was just born, sweet little Noelle came in the room. She had a gift for him, it was one of these stuffed dogs. As soon as he was old enough to grasp the little dog, they became inseparable. I bought a back up, just in case Pluffy One was lost. One time he lost both Pluffies, so I made an emergency purchase of Pluffy Three. Several weeks later he all of sudden remembered that he had hidden the Pluffies behind the couch in his room. He pulled them both out and smiled so big. Hunter was a non verbal child for almost two years (he didn't even babble), so his Pluffies never got names.
I had to go back and find this picture. Hunter is three here and he was wanting me to come tuck him in, so he was laying on one Pluffy while holding the other patiently waiting. The Pluffies have been washed many times. Each time he would sit and watch them go round and round in the washer.
The Pluffies went on an adventure about a year ago. Even though he was no longer in need of them, their absence was noticed. Everyone once in a while he has asked about them, wondering if they have been seen. Today was the day they were to be reunited with their now big boy owner. I had the kids cleaning out the basement, and there they were, tucked in the corner on the basement under layers of comfy blankets. It was cute to see that the Pluffies can still bring a smile to this almost 9 year olds face. I have to admit, that they made me smile too!

1 comment:
Precious.
And holy cow he looks so big!
Post a Comment