Friday, June 15, 2012

Strong Hands 167/365

My kids all love the slackline.  To be a good slackliner, you must have balance, determination, and lots of concentration.  Unfortunately, Hope only has the determination part, and that without the other two skills just doesn't make for slackline success.  So, she sometimes likes to sit on the line to steady the others.  Hunter decided to sit with her, and wouldn't you know she fell and took him with her.
However, he hops up and immediately helps his sister.  His strong hands pull her up.
He makes sure that she is on her feet......
......and she is grateful to have a big brother that loves her enough to help her.  


This scene reminds me of the song Lead Me, by Sanctus Real.  I know that song is about a father and his family, but these words seem so fitting to Hope as Hunter steps up to help her.



"Lead me with strong hands 
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone."

No comments: