Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th! 186/365

I will share my cute 4th pictures later in the week after I have time to sit down and look at them, but for now you get the fun part of the 4th.  The kids wanted to go get some fireworks, so we headed out to the "really big" store.  I'm thinking I should have left the boys at home, because they were like kids in a candy store.  We had all kinds of fun stuff.  Lots of them stayed low to the ground and just made pretty sparks.
 Then of course we had the even milder sparklers.  Miss Hope adored the sparklers and twirled around.
 You may be wondering what this picture is....well, it was a very nice free gift from the "really big" fireworks store.  They always load us up with freebies, and this one was a whopper of a freebie.  It was the last one of the night, because it was sure to be amazing.  It went off and I was taking pictures, the first three are beautiful.  Then there is this one, it was taken as I was ducking for cover because for some reason it started spitting out explosives sideways.  I think this picture was of the smoke that was coming up from behind me at this point.  I screamed at the kids to get in just as another one flew in the opposite direction.  Once all the dust settled, we found......
this.  See our lovely window.  Now not only does it have a crack, but it has a giant burn hole too.  We thanked the Lord for his protection, then we couldn't stop laughing.  LeeLee summed it up when she said, "I will never forget this 4th of July, it was awesome!"  Hope everyone else had a fabulous 4th!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Holy moly. I am glad no one was hurt! And Leelee's face is cracking me up!