Thursday, August 09, 2012

Where Did the Time Go? 222/365

Today is marks our 15th wedding anniversary.  It is hard for me to grasp that it really was 15 years ago that we said "I do!"  Somehow, in my mind it seems like it's only been about five years.  However since we have four kids who are all older than five, I know that my mind only wants to stay young.

Fifteen years....that really is a long time.  We have had our ups and downs, our good times and our bad, but one thing is for sure, I have loved this man with all my heart for all fifteen of those years.  I remember when we were dating, the country sound Keeper of the Stars came out, and I felt like that song reflected our relationship perfectly.  We both know who the keeper of the stars is, and I think because of that we have been able to maintain the beautiful family that we have.  God gave me the hardest worker with the biggest heart when he gave me Paul.  After all, how many men do you know that would allow their wife to keep bringing home animals and kids for that matter?  He loves the kids of course, but he actually pretends to like the animals....even Pippa who hates him.  He tolerates her just because he loves me.
I am a blessed woman.  I hope that we celebrate many more anniversaries in the years to come.

Thanks Paul for all you do for me and for our family!  You truly are our rock!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails 1Corinthians 13:4-8

2 comments:

alawaterdog said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe it has been 15 years!! I miss you!

Cheri said...

Happy Anniversary! So sweet!